Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ALL applications.exe-Bad Image

• Please log in to reply

Allah_Bomber

Allah_Bomber

• Pip
  • 5 posts
""""...to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.""""

Okay so laptop was running to perfection no hazardous downloads of any sort nor any signs of a virus to get that out of the way. I shutdown the computer like normal to give it a break,once I turned it back on put my admin password in desktop came as normal yet one after another i recieved that error message ""C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."""" I tried system restore twice each in decreasing dates. Same thing occured....called gateway my comp still under warranty but ofcorse only for the computer itself, so but of course they sid reformat. As anybody would I would absoloutely hate to do that,I have a bunch of applications music etc that would suck to have to reinstall all...PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Can you boot into safe mode?

To boot into safe mode:
  • Restart or turn on your computer.
  • Hold or press f8 at the first logo screen.
  • Choose safe mode.

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
If that doesn't work..
Hope you still have your Vista Cd.

Try copying the file from your vista cd.
In BIOS, make sure your first boot device is your optical drive.
Insert the Windows Vista installation disc and reboot.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
When in the Windows Vista setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
Expand the file below to the system32 directory in Windows on your primary hard disk, where X is the drive letter for your CD drive.

expand X:\i386\version.dl_ c:\windows\system32\version.dll
(make sure you get the space between ".dl_" and "c:\")

Once this file has been copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.

Allah_Bomber

Allah_Bomber

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ya i can do safe mode,by doing so what should it accomplish,The only thing that is running app wise is this Einternet explorer

Allah_Bomber

Allah_Bomber

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I bought the computer brand new yet no vista cd included,gateway sent me one as of today but they said up to 2 weeks before i would receive it. Im just wondering what caused this I have a fair amount of knowing comps but this just confuses the [bleep] out of me.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suspect that you have malware on your machine. I suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik