Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

had to re-do operating system. having issues

• Please log in to reply

malleigh

malleigh

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I recently had to re-do my operating system. I have restored my back (in which some folders were empty). I have re-downloaded Firefox. When I try to open firefox it gives me "Chrome Register" error over and over. It will eventually open but takes a bit. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I recently had to re-do my operating system

How exactly?

malleigh

malleigh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I was having a software issue and was on the phone with deal for hours. They finally decided I needed to "re-do" my operating system. I did it by rebooting my computer hitting F8, going to my name and then I clicked something, restore computer maybe? I had backed up my stuff the night before and I just now restored my back up. That is when the problem started (back up didn't back up all...that's a different subject)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
By going through F8 thing, the only restoration option is "Last known good configuration", which is NOT reinstalling Windows.
What computer brand is it? Dell?
Under warranty?
What was the original issue, which caused your phone call?

malleigh

malleigh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
hummm we tried last known good configuration. That didn't work so we did that other part. When I restarted the computer all of my stuff was gone and it was back to the way I received it with all of Dells settings.
yes it is a dell inspiron 1720
i believe it's under warranty
The original problem was my phone/air card. It was having issues, I thought I did un update but it messed it up worse. So I thought I uninstalled the update but I did more than that and the phone card no longer worked.
With dell on the phone we tried to update the drivers with the origianl. I did all of this last week. The computer has been working since then. It started the chrome error after i resorted my back up.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

we did that other part

which is?
Well, if the computer is under warranty, and phone calls are free, call them back, and ask them to get their act together.