Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File sharing via WIFI with Vista

• Please log in to reply

adrian3001

adrian3001

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi Guys

I have just bought a new laptop and I am tryibg to send files from my old laptop to the new new one. Both laptops are on vista. I have set up an ad-hoc network and I have both laptops connected fine, however I cannot figure ou how to access the shared folders once I have set them to be shared on the host laptop. Below is the URL of one of the tutorials I have been following from the web:

http://www.wi-fiplan...cle.php/3693871

I have followed a few and they are all very much the same. The part I think I am having trouble with is when I have to select the user I wish to share with I cannot see my new laptop in the list and the tutorial says select "everyone" to share on the network, but when I try to do it on my laptop it says "everyone (all in this list)" and as I have said, my laptop is not in the list.

Im clearly doing something wrong here but I really want to work this out.

Thankyou in advance to anyone that helps.

Edited by adrian3001, 15 June 2009 - 04:08 PM.

Advertisements