Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe failed to initialize ( 0xc000005 )

• Please log in to reply

Tommybob2

Tommybob2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I'm on safemode at the moment (which does work) and basically this is what happened:

I downloaded Metin 2, and it said I couldn't open it because of something, so I searched the web for a way to fix it; I found a forum where someone had fixed a way of doing it, they said just do the C Drive Scan (I didn't have to download anything), it said that I had to schedule one because C drive was in use. I restarted my pc, it did the scan, and now the beginning it says: Explorer.exe failed to initialize ( 0xc000005 ) and has a black screen with the cursor. I can enter into Safemode which works... Any suggestions?

Advertisements

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
What kind of scan did you do?
Have you tried to uninstall Metin 2 in Safe Mode?

Tommybob2

Tommybob2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Erm, I think it was a Driver Scan, which you can access by right clicking My Computer...

And I've already uninstalled Metin 2, that was one of my first things to try... I've tried defragging, and doing the scan again. Neither of these work.

Although now I am getting a new code, instead of ( 0xc000005 ) its now: ( 0xc0000022 )

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
c0000022 is an "access denied" message. Something changed the permissions allowing explorer.exe to access something on your PC.

Have you scanned for viruses? Here's a link to the malware forums: http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html

Tommybob2

Tommybob2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeh I've scanned for virus'. It didn't come up with anything, I think I'm just going to reset back to factory defaults.

Tommybob2

Tommybob2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, i've found a solution. If you search and download Vista Service Pack 2, it will install and fix it :)