Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-Malware

• Please log in to reply

Christopher2405

Christopher2405

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I currently have Comodo Firewall, Avast Home Edition and Malwarebytes installed on my computer, and they all seem to be working well.

Having read the malware and spyware guides on this site, I understand that I should be running anti-spyware software as well. I am fairly sure that Avast contains an anti-spyware module, so I was wondering whether installing Spyware Guard would be counter-productive, as I know that multiple anti-spyware software running on the same computer can conflict.

Please could you advise if I need anything in addition to what I mentioned I already have, or even if should uninstall something I already have.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Malwarebytes is antimalware. Plus, since you have Vista, you also are running windows defender.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
You should be fine with what you have installed now. In general, you should a firewall, antivirus, and one or two other programs such as MBAM or Super AntiSpyware

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Avast is AV
Malwarebytes is for Malware
Comodo is your Firewall

Last option is something like
SuperAntiSpyware

This combination of the 4 programs is usually all you would need to give yourself the best protection.

Christopher2405

Christopher2405

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Thanks guys.