Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Doing computer updates. Flash BIOS?

• Please log in to reply

brettxw

brettxw

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
For the first time since getting the laptop (in May) I am doing the HP Health Check. One of them is "WinFlash for HP Notebook Systems BIOS (with AMD), once I click to update, it asks me if I want to flash BIOS. I never done this and I'm not sure if I should or not? What does this do? Should I do it? Will any harm be done if I do?

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Flashing the BIOS is basically an update to your BIOS which is the Basic Input/Output system which upon loading your PC loads all of your hardware eg hard drives CD drive etc.

I would recommend updating it as its always good to have it up to date. However make sure your laptop is plugged in as otherwise it wont run.