Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI2DVAG.dll - BSOD at Shutdown

• Please log in to reply

StealthSoul

StealthSoul

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Since I have installed Windows 7 on this PC, I have been getting an error when shutting down. Everytime I shutdown or restart, I get a blue screen of death which refers to "ATI2DVAG.dll" - so it's a graphics card issue. Well when it happens, the computer repeatedly reboots and I have to turn it off by the switch.

I'm currently running a ATI Radeon 7200 on this PC, old I know.

In an effort to resolve my problem, I have followed advice I found on the internet and uninstalled the graphics card drivers to try and do a fresh reinstall. I uninstalled the Radeon 7200 drivers from the device manager then ran Driver Cleaner Pro to remove anything left over. I read that Windows 7 will automatically install drivers for me, which it did.

But, it hasn't installed Radeon 7200 drivers - I'm not sure what exactly is going on. Instead of showing "RADEON 7200" under Display Adapters on the Device Manager, it shows "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".

Now - the highest resolution I can go to is only 1024x768 and I can't seem to install Radeon 7200 drivers. The BSOD has gone now that the graphics card drivers aren't installed, but now I can't install the graphics card drivers at all..

Any help?
Thanks - Stealth

Edited by StealthSoul, 20 August 2009 - 12:22 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Windows 7 simply installed generic driver, so your screen is not blank.
Go to ATI site, download and install fresh driver.