Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some Programs Not Working

• Please log in to reply

user3210

user3210

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I've been having some computer issues recently. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a description of the problem:

Around the end of July, my computer suddenly began working very slowly. If I tried to open any program, it would take a very long time to do so, if it did at all. Most programs simply crashed. Several times, the computer stopped responding, and I restarted. Over the course of the next week or two, the performance gradually improved until I could run some programs again, even at almost-normal speed. My first priority at the time was to scan the computer with AVG to try and fix the problem. The problem, however, did not go away, although at one point AVG found a backdoor Trojan on my flash drive. I assume it removed it, though I'm not positive as I'm not very familiar with this type of thing. Now, many of my programs didn't work. If I attempted to open them, they crashed and I got the typical program-not-responding message, or in some cases, dialog boxes offering to send error reports to the respective companies. Among these programs were Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, ROBLOX, Windows Sidebar, Google Sketchup, Secunia PSI, SimpLite-MSN, Java™ Platform SE binary, and Speech Recognition. I also repeatedly get the same message for Microsoft Feeds Sychronization. Also, whenever I restart, I get the error message listed below as Error Message 1. I lost all of my email, though I was still able to send and receive it. Soon after my email was recovered. I also found the downloaded files for Mozilla Firefox, and using those I was able to reinstall Firefox, which now works fine. The rest of the programs, however, continue to crash when I try to open them. This problem details I get when IE crashes are listed below as Error Message 2. Since then I have made several attempts to fix the problem, including clean booting, running DDS.scr, running the System File Checker, and System Restore (which doesn't work because all of my restore points are after the problem started).

Error Message 1: Error loading C:\Windows\System32\NvCpl.dll

Invalid access to memory location.

Error Message 2: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.6001.18813
Application Timestamp: 4a6621ae
Fault Module Name: WININET.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.6001.18813
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a6638d8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00087149
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).