Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop rebooting itself, blue screen "memory dump"

• Please log in to reply

lamkingjr44

lamkingjr44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My wife's laptop has been rebooting itself over and over until it gets to a blue screen and then it does not stay on long enough for me to see what it says. Here is what little I can get from it:

Windows first opens up with the countdown and these 5 options: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good configuration, Start Windows normally.

None of these options will boot-up the computer. But after I chose each individual task, they all ended with the blue screen of death and this information: STOP:c0000218{Registry file Failure}: The registry cannot load...and a bunch of other numbers and information. The things is, the screen does not stay up more than 2 seconds, so I can't read it all. I do knoe the message ends with "memory dumping". Then it shuts down restarts and goes back to the 5 options above. Is there anyone that can help me or have any idea what this information means? If you need more info I will let it kep rebooting until I have the information on the blue screen. Let me know. Any help would be appreciated at this point. Thanks LaMont

Advertisements