Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi everyone! I need help with a Trojan Backdoor...

• Please log in to reply

Paulos

Paulos

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi everyone, delighted to meet people who are willing to help those such as me who are inept at fixing a computer and not knowing what malicious things could be going on in it... well here is my problem...

I've got a Dell computer, Intel processor, 2 GB of Ram, 2.7 GHZ <I think> now it usually runs well... however recently something odd has come up. I'm a big gamer also but out of nowhere, AVG *I use this virus scanner and Avira AntiVir* detected "Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic 11.ATGA" from my DIABLO II.exe which makes no sense to me, so I had it deleted, thinking it was over, but I installed the Diablo II *it's legitimate* and then... it comes back! I'm concerned that it may be something that is underlying in my computer or something since it only picked up the Diablo II.exe that was infected, man I'm confused, I run scandisks every week, AVG control center is always on to watch for spyware/viruses when I go places... I back up every month,... well, that's the start for now, thanks.

Advertisements