Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All Video Files Choppy with Audio Out of Sync - On every player!

• Please log in to reply

markrfinley

markrfinley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hope someone can help me!

My downloaded movies have been playing perfectly - Until two days ago! :) Now everything has choppy video and out of synch audio. I've tried everything from totally scanning my hard drives, getting rid of anything that seemed suspicious, uninstalling and reinstalling every possible media player available (let me tell you there are some real doozies out there!! :)) but nothing has worked.

I had downloaded a movie today that I finally got to play smoothly and in-synch on the VLN player. BUT you couldn't skip ahead without having the picture stop but the sound continue. I watched the first 20 minutes of the same video for several hours trying to find the right combination of codecs, splitters, input, output, etc., etc. Nothing even came close. :)

Could it be the downloaded movies themselves? Am I missing something quite obvious? And why can't I do anything about the big yellow question mark in my device manager for a VGA Controller either? I've downloaded every type of driver, codec, and patch - but most of them do not successfully install. I get a message saying I don't have the hardware or software needed for the driver. But I haven't deleted any drivers.:)

Please help me. I know it's a lone plaintive cry late on a Saturday night - but please - I'm sure some of you know how frustrating the computer can be. When I was in school the only technical gadget we had were a very few electric typewriters (and you had to be an "A" student to use them).

I just want to watch a movie is that so wrong...
:)

Edited by markrfinley, 03 October 2009 - 11:12 PM.

Advertisements