Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 and Musicmatch

• Please log in to reply

lucidone

lucidone

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello -

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7. I previously used a laptop with XP and played all my music with Musicmatch Jukebox 10. With Windows 7, I can get an older version of the Jukebox to run (I installed v6 direct from a cd), but I can't get 10 to run, even if I change the compatibility settings. Does anyone know of anyway I can get this to work? Or where I can get a reliable setup file for 10? I've tried several and it either won't load after the install or I get error messages about px.dll being missing from the install. Of course since Yahoo discontinued this software, trying to use version 6 to get an update using my product key doesn't work.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If it's dead and dying, you might want to consider using another program to play your music. Something like Winamp should do the trick.