Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Get redirected to AVG search engine

• Please log in to reply

mimmy

mimmy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok my friend had a virus a few months back a friend of her's downloaded the free AVG it worked for awhile and now it not. She tried to unistall did not work said it could not unistall stuff was missing. What happens is she goes to ebay alot but when she types it in yahoo or the windows address bar it takes her to AVG search engine page and then when she hits on ebay it pull up a error like the site is not there and a bar says diagnosis internet connection and when u hit on it it says there is no prob. It also happen if she trys to go to google. She can go to favorites then history and hit on ebay and it will take her but then she cant pay with pay pal the little error boxs comes up again. I tried to reinstall AVG so maybe then it would let me delete it but norton would not let me but her norton has been out of date for over a year tried to delete norton and it took over a hour and still did not delete it had to stop at that point so she could go to work not sure what I need to do at this point to help her.

Advertisements

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hello, my name is Sometimes needs help and welcome to the forums.

- Sometimes Needs Help

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sometimes needs
It's against this board rules to issue advice on infection issues.
Please, refrain from doing so in the future.

mimmy
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

mimmy

mimmy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot but did not know what the prob was so did not know to but it in the spyware spot agian sorry.

Edited by mimmy, 12 November 2009 - 09:59 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You did OK :)