Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Keylogger in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

foxboro

foxboro

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi.

I have a problem. I installed Power Keylogger just to try it out and see what it does, I do that with alot of programs and normally do not have any problem removing them afterwards.

After installing Powerkeylogger i can now not remove it, and it does not show up in the Add/Remove Programs Window either. I have tried other things on the internet such as removing dlls which i cannot find on my computer when trying, and using special uninstaller programs, and even using spyware detectors has not worked.

Any ideas?

help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*
Hi, when you double click the shortcut, does the program start ?

Have you tried Revo Uninstaller yet ?
>> http://www.revouninstaller.com/

good luck :)

Edited by bartblaze, 28 November 2009 - 05:46 AM.

foxboro

foxboro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i have no shortcut it loads on startup, with a pop up saying something along the lines of

"Power Keylogger trial has ended" then a load of other garbage, i press the question mark and then press uninstall and nothing happens.

I cant remember if iv tried revo, i will try it out though now and let you know.

thankyou.

foxboro

foxboro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I downloaded Revo as you said and then used it in hunter mode hovering over the program while it was open, this gave me the directory it was in, the reason i could not find it was because the program was installed in drivers for some reason.

i managed to uninstall it by pressing uninstall in the folder that Revo told me to go to.

Thankyou so much for your help.

It was just me being dopey, Im a computing student, i should have thought of that!

Thanks!

Guest_bartblaze_*

Guest_bartblaze_*
No problem, glad to help :) !

A hint maybe: if you try lots of software, you might want to make a new directory.
Example: C:\program files\test programs

That way you can always find them again :) .

cheers