Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus Pro

• Please log in to reply

kjp53

kjp53

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! Last night my laptop was infected by the virus Antivirus System Pro. Im on my other computer right now researching this virus. Many people said to use Anti Malwarbytes which is a free program and I had to download it a few months ago bc of another similar virus and it worked! However, with this virus it will not let me pull up anything! I can't do anything in my computer except like MyComputer, etc. Everytime I try to run a program a popup comes up saying Security Warning: Application cannot be executed. The file (insert file name).exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now? clicking yes or no does not work, it just exits out of the program Im trying to run.I have tried downloading the malwarebytes again on a thumb drive from this to computer and opening it on my laptop (i even changed the name of the file), but it still would not let me run it. I tried SEVERAL times putting it into safe mode and safe mode with networking but it still will not let me do it. I tried typeing msconfig into the run box, security warning popped up as well. It will not let me even type ctrl+alt+del to open the tast menu without the security warning popping up. While researching, one website showed a picture of what it looks like and that was exactly it. Of I course have the little red,white, and gray box that pops up by the time on the tool bar saying Antivirus system pro alert!: infiltration alert: your computer is being attacked by an internet virus, It could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan-dropper or similar. Details: attack from:207.80.12.84, port 28175
attacked port: 47646
Threat: win32/Nuqel.E
Do you want to block this attack? Yes or No

I also have another screen that pops up every now and then:
Spyware Alert!
Your computer is infected by spyware-34 serious threats have been found while scanning your files and registry. It is strongly recommended that you disinfect your computer and activate Realtime secure protection against future instructions. Then I ahve two links to click on either: Activate Antivirus system pro or stay unprotected.
How can I get rid of this virus if I cannot open any programs at all?

Advertisements