Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitor Help

• Please log in to reply

Aukake

Aukake

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I just bought a 4pin S-Video Cable to connect from my tv to my video card on my computer. I got my tv set as my 2nd monitor and have it set to dual monitors, but i want to have it set to my tv will show what my monitor shows. So i can just watch stuff on my tv from my computer. And another thing. There is a loud buzzing coming from my Tv when i have the cable connected too. do i need unplug my monitor or something? Any help would be appreciated! Thank You ^^

Advertisements

EndProductUser

EndProductUser

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've done this before... The buzzing is probably coming from an audio cable you have hooked up (if you even have one attached). As for the monitor, go into your video-card control panel. You can usually get to it by right-clicking on your desktop. There should be options in there for dual monitors. Hope this helps, reply back (with your video card make) if it doesn't.

Aukake

Aukake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Fixed the buzzing and i dont see a option for dual monitors. I have a
128mb ATI Radeion X300/X550/X1050 Series Secondary

Edited by Aukake, 11 December 2009 - 03:30 AM.

EndProductUser

EndProductUser

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Alright, it's your lucky day, my secondary computer has an ATI graphics card.
Right-click on the desktop -> Catalyst Control Center -> Displays Manager (on the menu on the right of the window) -> Displays Properties. You should see two monitors, Desktop 1, and one that says Desktop 2 (or something like that) to it's right. Right-click on the second monitor and click "Clone Desktop 1 with monitor." Save the changes when it offers.
It worked for me, but then again, I'm using a VGA connection.