Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 and Outlook 207

• Please log in to reply

Ron-B

Ron-B

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Windows 7 using Outlook 2007 has stopped working with 3 of my 4 POP3 email accounts. The only account that works is Windows Live. All worked ok for the past 4 weeks until 12/15/2009. The same accounts & same Outlook on my Vista works with no problems. Turning off the Windows 7 Firewall was no help. When I do a send receive the send has no problem, but the receive times out. Two of the failing accounts are with Cableone and have been in use over a year. The other failing account is from a private source and has been in use for over three years. Everything I checked on Microsoft was a deadend. I guess this problem is to new for them or has never been reported.

Advertisements

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Have you checked with CableOne and also the Private source of e-mail service to find out whether or not they changed incoming servers, Incoming Ports, Authentication methods???

This may be the best place to start.

Ron-B

Ron-B

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
If the ISP had changed their server or POP3 setting, then it would also fail on the Vista system but works just fine there.