Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 ICS Corrupt Downloads

• Please log in to reply

caravelle420

caravelle420

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I just recently updated my Vista Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and have had these same problems on both Vista and 7. I am running a Franklin Wireless CDU-680 USB Modem for Internet through my local cell phone provider (that's the only way we can get internet at our place) using ICS to a Linksys WRT110 router. With Vista and 7, every computer that is connected to the router through ICS gets corrupted downloads on a daily basis. You can't even run Windows Updates without them being corrupt. When I had Windows XP, I had no problem. I have tried replacing the ethernet cables, the NIC and router, with all of them still doing the same thing. I have IPv6 disabled being as my USB modem uses IPv4. I have tried disabling the TCP Checksum which has been suggested on other sites with no avail. I've tried disabling the Link-Layer Mapper Discovery and the same problem exists. I wouldn't see the computer as having bad RAM already being that it's only a few months old. The main host computer which is running Windows 7 can download everything with no corruption so I believe the problem is somewhere in the ICS settings. If someone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it since it's been going on now for the past couple months now.

Thanks!

Advertisements

RaeesD

RaeesD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this post is over a year old but maybe some googler will find this helpful.

I had this same problem for a few months, eventually got around it by setting up a proxy on the host PC in conjunction with using ICS. I use the proxy for browsers, downloads and other such "large" files. CCProxy is easy to set up and use...

kuni

kuni

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Excellent, thanks, the proxy suggestion fixed my problem too.

Would never have thought to look at a proxy for a solution, you saved me a lot of troubleshooting.

I'm surprised that more people don't have this problem, or maybe they do, and just give up trying to fix it.