Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleted.

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Deleted by original poster.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
This story isn't completely correct. Microsoft doesn't have to stop selling Word or Office. They simply have to stop using Custom XML in the software. I wrote about this on our blog earlier today. :)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I want to change the topic title, because its incorrect, but I don't know what to change it to - suggestion?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Better not change my topic title. That was cut/paste from article as is.

The article states that M$ doesn't have to stop selling as long as they agree to pay for the license or put a fix in to not require the XML. They have several options, but they did violate the copyright of the company and got hit for it.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
As I said... that article is not completely correct, Ron. They don't have to stop selling it IF they pay for the license OR replace the XML, which they have done. I linked to the statement about it by Microsoft themselves on the blog post I linked here already.

ScHwErV... I'd change the title to something more appropriate to the situation, such as "Microsoft to Stop Selling Word with XML included" or something similar. :)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

Better not change my topic title. That was cut/paste from article as is.

The article states that M$ doesn't have to stop selling as long as they agree to pay for the license or put a fix in to not require the XML. They have several options, but they did violate the copyright of the company and got hit for it.

" Better not" is a bit strongly worded considering the circumstances.

The wording of the topic, same as the other or not, is misleading and incorrect. It is typical journalism nowadays, come up with a shocking topic and hook the reader. Topics used to tell the story, this one does not, much like a vast majority of the article. The author only mentions the true story if you read closely, most of the article is misleading and overly dramatized. This story won't affect 99.9% of readers or office workers, but the author makes it sound as if MS Word will cease to exist on Jan 11, which is simply not the case at all.

If you would like to change the topic yourself, feel free to do so. Otherwise, I will do it when I can think of something to change it to.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just decided it wasn't worth having someone edit my content. At least I don't edit other people's posts on the site I moderate unless it is outside the Guidelines.