Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fake Worm.Win32.Netsky Spyware Alert trojan

• Please log in to reply

Juan G

Juan G

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

My computer was recently infected with the Fake Worm.Win32.Netsky Spyware Alert trojan. To try to address the issue, I booted up in safe mode with networking and then went through the steps outlined on this page here:http://www.myantispyware.com/2010/01/07/how-to-remove-smss32-exe-winlogon32-exe-helper32-dll-fake-worm-win32-netsky-spyware-alert/. I completed step 1 and when I went to step 2, the file they say you should look for (helper32.dll) wasn't there, so I skipped to step 3. When I tried to run malwarebytes, my computer froze and I had to do a hard rest. Unfortunately, I now receive an error saying that the following critical driver is missing: Windows\System32\Drivers\meydfv.sys. I tried booting up with a vista installation disk to repair the error, but it failed. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Juan

Advertisements

Juan G

Juan G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Can anyone help me out?

Juan G

Juan G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone?

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Posting more than once in a thread can cause your topic to be overlooked as Helpers usually look for threads without any replies first.

If your topic goes more than three days without a reply, post a link to your topic in The Waiting Room and a staff member will pick it up as soon as they can.