Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Exploding Printer

• Please log in to reply

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Proof what something simple like not saying Please and Thank you can do for even a piece of machinery. :)

You have no idea how much bad language I have directed toward this printer in the last 6 months, it must be my fault. :)

Ok now Troy! You are always ready to pull a fast one on me! I know that my computerknowledge is below standard,but trying to tell me that todays printers have a build-in "Moodchip" or "artificial intelligence is pushing it a bit to far!
But if you're right,maybe we can ask Admin to add another topic in the hardware forum,something like "psychological disfunctions" :) :)

cheers
zorba

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you're all going about this the wrong way...printer's are dumb animals and don't actually respond to kindness. you have to instill a proper level of fear in them. the reason your's have been going down when you talk bad to them is because you're talking bad but not backing up any of your words with actions.

my printers all have a healthy level of fear of me. someone could be having an issue for a month with their printer and as soon as i walk in they all straighten out. you've got to show the printers that you're more than just talk.

every once in a while, brandish a blunt object in their direction (shaking a sledge hammer or a crowbar at them tends to work, if you don't have one handy a 3 hole punch or one of those paper cutters has enough heft to get them scared). If you've got a large printer room with multiple printers, once a year take a perfectly good printer into the center of the room and smash it to pieces (make sure you do it in full view of the rest of the printers and make threatening gestures towards the other printers the whole time). once a month you should print out a threatening letter on each printer as well (make sure to direct the threat at the SPECIFIC printer so any staff members don't think it's for them when they pick up their prints). every once in a while you should also uninstall the printers (one by one) and make them sit in the corner inactive for a week.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :) :) :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
:)

I have added this to my studies material.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
100% user error. :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
I definitely thought of the movie "Office Space" when I saw that photo.