Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Severely Bogged Down

• Please log in to reply

kamenriderbruche

kamenriderbruche

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm not sure where to post this really because I don't think it is a virus but maybe a registry error or something like that.

On my ACER Netbook (Windows XP) if I either play music or watch videos for an extended period of time or too often my system begins to act like all of my RAM is being used. The audio and video lag so severely that sometimes my system just freezes up altogether. And when I restart it it takes sometimes up to 45 minutes to boot to the login screen.

It has happened several times in the past and the only way I have been able to fix it is by rolling back my system using system restore. It got to the point where now I don't play mp3s on it at all because if I do for what seems like maybe 15 minutes it starts lagging and what not.

I have never heard of this happening to anyone else that I know and has never happened to me on any other computer I've owned. I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh and I ran OTS after it started so maybe it found something. I'll attach it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTS.Txt   89.74KB   129 downloads

Edited by kamenriderbruche, 10 January 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Advertisements