Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bizzare symptoms

• Please log in to reply

mikell808

mikell808

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I have run Avast and removed a couple of viruses. Cant run Malwarebytes. Can't even run the malwarebyte setup program. If I run CHKDSK I get a message saying it can't run bacause it only detected Raw data. I can now get into Safe mode and normal mode. No matter which I boot upto there is always a iexplore.exe file running in the back ground even tho none are actually open. If I do open IE it will crash after a few minutes. I have removed and re-installed IE8. When trying to install AVG 9 I get an error saying it can't be loaded until Malware defender is removed. I don't have a program called malware defender, I did and it was removed. From doing some reading I have found some entries refering to a malware that can cause the false RAW Drive. But I haven't found anyone with any real solutions yet.

Please help.

Advertisements

mikell808

mikell808

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
After doing a lot or reading and searching I tried a suggestion I read that worked. Dowloaded combofix to the desktop, renamed it to SVHOST.com Ran the file. That fixed all of the above mentioned problems, was ablel to run a chkdsk, drive showed up as NTFS and I was able reload Malwarebytes which is currently running.