Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio w Windows Vista Recovery Tools won't launch

• Please log in to reply

shayworley

shayworley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Sony Vaio model PCG 7Z2l VGN-NR120E. I shut the laptop down for the first time in weeks and the next morning, it wouldn't boot up. I received the option of Recovery tools but the system says the "Folder would not open" and shuts down. I went into the BIOS and changed the boot setup to boot from the cd, inserted the recovery disk but it seems to not recognize the settings because it continues to go back to the Recovery tools. The CD drive wasn't working before but I cleaned it and it seems to be working now (I can hear it and feel it vibrating). I tried an external CD drive but it seems to not recognize that as well. Any suggestions?

Advertisements