Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP System Recovery

• Please log in to reply

candytlopez

candytlopez

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, So I have an HP TX1000 with windows Vista. I have only 1gb of memory and too much information on my laptop, its been acting up very bad, I have a new laptop already so I really just want to start over fresh with my HP and restore it to factory settings, however, I do not have the CDS anymore.

I have read a few articles on here that other people have posted about the same thing, but nothing is working for me.

F8 only takes me to the advanced boot screen but no options to restore the system are listed there.

F11 just beeps at me a ton of times.

Does anyone have any better suggestions? I really REALLY want to be able to do this restore. Thank you and God bless! :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Under Vista you generally press F8, choose "Repair My Computer", then select an Administrator account (not "the" Administrator account) and the recovery options are there.

candytlopez

candytlopez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ya, I tried that. Nothing about repair or restore was even located on that screen, which is weird because I HAVE done system restore on that same laptop, the same way you just described and it worked before. We shall see....