How to fix Google Redirects

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

mikecart1

mikecart1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks a lot. The only link on the entire internet that isn't trying to scam users out of money for some POS 'google redirect fix' software for $29.99 or some crap. I no longer get redirected to the google home page now when I tried to click on antivirus links to download something to fix this. :D

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
You're welcome and thank you for the courtesy of informing such. :)

--------------

The below is generic advice for all who may read this...

In the event still issues with your machine after following the advice in this tutorial:-

Please go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal part of the forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in that forum.

techmachine02

techmachine02

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. When i was sufing on web. My system started acting wierdly and become slow. I scanned my pc at that moment and got cleared, but virus is still there after rebooting the system. I have visited a website hXXp://www.killallvirus.com/uninstall-remove-windows-necessary-firewall-learn-how-to-remove-windows-necessary-firewall-easily/ and scaned my pc but it stops in b/w and virus started to poping up. I tried a couple of website but still there is no luck.

Any Suggestions?

Edited by Dakeyras, 24 June 2012 - 04:49 AM.
Disabled malicious URL.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

The site you visited is dubious to say the least...my friendly advice would be follow the instructions in post #212

After:-

The below is generic advice for all who may read this...

IT Joe

IT Joe

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried to use OTM and found several anti-virus / anti-malware applications blocking it.

I uploaded it to virustotal and tested it, and found it was flagged by Avast, McAfee, Symantec, and a few more.

I'm pretty sure these are false positives, but thought you should know.

Edited by IT Joe, 02 July 2012 - 04:46 PM.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi and thank you for bringing this to our attention. :)

They are indeed false positive detections. Unfortunately this does occur from time to time with various security vendors and likely in this instance it is merely a heuristic detection rather than a specific file executable detection.

I downloaded OTM from here in GTG and a different online/upload check revealed these results. Not a cause for concern either...

Such may occur again with some of the security vendors a few months down the line, regardless if their respective detection databases are updated accordingly within the next week or so for example.

--------------

For all other's who may read this particular post, anything hosted here in Geeks to Go is in turn safe to download...

Cabal18

Cabal18

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i try some these and gooredfix and otm dont work or crashes the pc

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

i try some these and gooredfix and otm dont work or crashes the pc

Please go to the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal part of the forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in that forum.

nicki_m4

nicki_m4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Brilliant thank you so much worked perfect, i have been sifting through my laptop trying to fix everything found some other things that need fixing but nothing would fix the stupid redirect for firefox :angry: i knew what it was but couldnt fix it very annoying if there is anything wrong with my laptop im obsessed until i fix it so thanks with a sigh of relief i can chill out now after days of searching and downloading , everybody should use this. :lol: laughing with joy!!!!! cheers

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

Brilliant thank you so much worked perfect, i have been sifting through my laptop trying to fix everything found some other things that need fixing but nothing would fix the stupid redirect for firefox :angry: i knew what it was but couldnt fix it very annoying if there is anything wrong with my laptop im obsessed until i fix it so thanks with a sigh of relief i can chill out now after days of searching and downloading , everybody should use this. :lol: laughing with joy!!!!! cheers

Good to know and thank you for the feedback...

Advertisements

suneelgv

suneelgv

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

I am trying to Run OTM based on instruction in thread but AVG is reporting as a trojan IDP.Trojan.5BD43515. Is is safe to run? The problem I am having is that when I click on a google search result, i go to a different page that what is shown in Google result. It keeps directing me to click.get-amazingresults.com and servers with just ip addresses, no DNS name.

Thanks
Suneel

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

I am trying to Run OTM based on instruction in thread but AVG is reporting as a trojan IDP.Trojan.5BD43515. Is is safe to run?

Indeed it is as is anything hosted here Geeks to Go. Basically what is occurring, your installed Anti-Virus software is detecting OTM.exe as a threat and this is known as a False Positive detection, so not a cause for concern OK. To further reassure your good-self, I have explained about similar before here.

--------------

In the event still issues with your machine after following the advice in this tutorial:-

suneelgv

suneelgv

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi. :)

I am trying to Run OTM based on instruction in thread but AVG is reporting as a trojan IDP.Trojan.5BD43515. Is is safe to run?

Indeed it is as is anything hosted here Geeks to Go. Basically what is occurring, your installed Anti-Virus software is detecting OTM.exe as a threat and this is known as a False Positive detection, so not a cause for concern OK. To further reassure your good-self, I have explained about similar before here.

--------------

Thanks Dakeyras. It might help others if that false positive info is included in the original post on Page1. I will proceed with the rest of the steps in the guide. Thanks again.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
You're welcome, valid point you raised and have amended the the topic to reflect/inform about such. :)

Kwoghi

Kwoghi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having a problem where the malware infecting my computer keeps redirecting me on search engines...this is the logfile i have:

Edited by Dakeyras, 04 September 2012 - 06:06 AM.
Removed what appeared to be a partial HJT log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.