How to fix Google Redirects

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

3atman

3atman

• Pip
  • 8 posts
it says tdskiller wont support 64bit systems is there another program i can run or use ???

thank you so much for ur time and help

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I am helping you here

http://www.geekstogo...ct-t277779.html

Post your questions in there please

Digital Geek

Digital Geek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi guys

thanks you so much for this guide, i have being searching for a fix for this for a cpl of weeks and nothing will detect it or fix it, i run avira anti virus and malware byte anti maleware and spybot search and destroy but they didnt catch anything, had to edit my host file, keep getting malwarebyte blocking access to bad websites so it must be in my system :) .....after much googling i got here and thank god it fixed it :) and iam joining to say thank you....how can prevent this from happning again? where can i look to see if firefox files are infected?

thanks ever so much mate

ur the man

best regards

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
It doesn't infect firefox files

To stop it happening again read this part of the tutorial

If this guide fixes your machine, then please read my guide on how to prevent malware and about safe computing here

Edited by Rorschach112, 27 May 2010 - 05:07 AM.

Digital Geek

Digital Geek

• Pip
  • 5 posts

It doesn't infect firefox files

To stop it happening again read this part of the tutorial

If this guide fixes your machine, then please read my guide on how to prevent malware and about safe computing here

if it doesnt infect firefox then my system might still be at risk :) ...i use firefox all the time and hardly ever internet explorer as i have ie tab add on for firefox......

i used ur fix and it seem to work as i dont get malewarebyte blocking any access to bad ip addresses since i used ur fix....i dont know how but worked great.... :)

is this normal? can u explain this part a little more please mate?

thanks again

Digital Geek

Digital Geek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi rorschach112

looks like i spoke too quickly, malewarebyte anti malware started blocking ip addresses after a hole day for no ip blocking and no popups

this is the malwarebyte latest logs

00:19:22 MESSAGE Protection started successfully
00:19:27 MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully
00:30:05 MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully
00:30:08 MESSAGE Scheduled scan executed successfully
00:31:13 MESSAGE IP Protection stopped
00:31:18 MESSAGE Database updated successfully
00:31:19 MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully
00:41:02 IP-BLOCK 208.64.121.241
00:41:02 IP-BLOCK 208.64.121.241
00:41:10 IP-BLOCK 208.64.121.241
00:44:47 IP-BLOCK 208.64.121.241
00:45:03 IP-BLOCK 208.64.121.241
00:45:03 IP-BLOCK 208.64.121.241

any idea what is causing this? iam on windows 7 ultimate

thanks in advance mate

Edit: there is no popups but iam just concern about this...

Edited by Digital Geek, 27 May 2010 - 06:26 PM.

Ketchfraze

Ketchfraze

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I followed all the directions exactly, even the safe mode boot with TDSSKiller, with no luck.

I am using firefox exclusively and it has affected me. At first, I was getting pop-ups on IE, which is installed, but never used. Those are gone, but the redirects persist. An added bonus of this malware is that it will not let me download any files. At first, it will cancel the download, but even if I restart it, it gets deleted after it is done and I can't seem to find where the files go, as it will grey out the Open option and not let me select the 'open containing folder' option.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Digital Geek, I wouldn't worry about those unless you are having popups/redirects

Ketchfraze

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Edited by Rorschach112, 28 May 2010 - 04:45 AM.

Digital Geek

Digital Geek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hey Rorschach112

i have another issue but iam not sure if its related to the same maleware i had...the search box in any website i visit had strange language which isnt english and i cant for the life of me do any search or even book a traain ticket....what could be the problem?

i have avira anti virus and malware byte anti malware and spybot seach and destroy but all the scans are clean....iam using firefox...

hope u can help me out

thanks alot in advance

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
May be a good idea if you post in the Virus Removal forum as well, follow the instructions in my above post

Advertisements

blazedathaze

blazedathaze

• Pip
  • 6 posts
After running TFC and rebooting, the computer will no longer start up. . . sends me asking what I want to start up with, and wont start in safe mode or normally

What the...

SWEET

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I see you are already being helped here

http://www.geekstogo...lp-t278207.html

dave9999

dave9999

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was being redirected when I was using Bing. I tried several anti spyware,anti virus removal tools. Nothing would even find a problem. I followed these instructions and now I'm not being redirected. THANKS GEEKS!!

TwoSlow

TwoSlow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ZA Extreme did not like the GOOREDFIX.EXE file. It warned me that it could steal stuff. I dloaded it anyway.

I know, why are you here if you have ZA Extreme running? I am dloading this stuff on a different machine. My primary PC has a reported problem with atapi.sys according to K'persky and Prevx.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I will let the developer of the tool know so he can get that false positive fixed

TDSSKiller should fix that atapi.sys problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.