Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio Windows 7 Recovery MOD Files Help

• Please log in to reply

bridtown

bridtown

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello there i am new to this forum so please be nice

o and sorry about the grammer and spelling

well wherer do i start lol err i have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW56E it has a recover partition of 10.2 gig the problem is my HDD was going so i got myself another HDD

the plan was as the orignall HDD was none bootable and full of bad sectors, i took a image backup of the recovery partition via Acronis True Image ages ago when i first got the computer so i wanted to put the new image on the new HDD sounded easy so i had a crack at it i made a partition of about 12gig and slotted the image on therre when Vaio came up on boot i pressed F10 and it went into the recovery software right i fort i have done it lol NO i went to restore c:\ to factory settings and nope i got a error Posted Image i keep getting this mess and now i am really stuck on what to do i found a program that will extract the MOD files on the recover partition to your computer put the programgets the recover partition files and sends it to your computer put the problem i have is that windows 7 recover partition is on my second computer as the sony vaio is none bootable

is there any way i can get windows 7 from the recover partition so i can run it from disk or any solution on how to get windows back on the computer...

o i was quite daft and didnt make recovery disks lol

i don't know how the fourm is like on posting files from rapidshare but the program is called mod2wim and tghe program extracts the image to install programs

thank you so much please please can some 1 help me as it's really doing my head in thank you

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go

Have you also created a partition for the recovery process to install Windows on, and if yes, how large is that partition?

If you just left the remaining space on your new disk as "unallocated" (no partition & therefore no drive letter)the Sony Recovery process may not be able to 'see' it. (which is what the error is telling you).