Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google earth will not install on window 7 x64

• Please log in to reply

mattnanokid

mattnanokid

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi, I recently got a new Dell studio with windows 7, and I have tried And tried to install google earth. It says it completes the installation, but the icon does not appear in the start menu or the desktop. Is there another way I can access the program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Matt :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Google Earth version 5 or later is listed as working under 64-bit Windows.
The other solution is to install it as Administrator (right-click on the Setup file) and then possibly run it as Administrator.

mattnanokid

mattnanokid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Yes, I could do that, but the icon does not show up anywhere. Is there a way to get to it through the file system on my hard drive?

mattnanokid

mattnanokid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Yes, I could do that, but the icon does not show up anywhere. Is there a way to get to it through the file system on my hard drive?

The installation is already completed, so I wouldn't see where it messed up in the installation. I have installed it multiple times also. Is there just another way to get to the application, or supporting files?

meltonml

meltonml

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You gave that person needing help with Google Earth installation on a PC with a Windows 7 operating system bad advice. He needs to go to the download link and do an advanced setup. He needs to uncheck the "allow automatic updates" box. Google will then install the full version. The download is titles GoogleEarthWin.

mattnanokid

mattnanokid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh, I went through the Program files and found google earth, and made a shortcut for the application. It now works. Thanks anyway...