Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista x64 Weird problem

• Please log in to reply

Bluearrow

Bluearrow

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I got my computer after it was broken (motherboard) and i got new motherboard. Now when i installed my Vista x64 theres one problem. First, i cant download anything on my computer expect CD's. Allways when i try to download firefox, mirc, steam etc it says "Cant run setup, unknown publisher" or "This is not win32 exe" or it just dosents work and windows sends problemshoot to microsoft what dosents tell you anything. Can the problem be on my new motherboard or is something wrong on my Vista?

Advertisements

Bluearrow

Bluearrow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I downloaded firefox from another computer and then i installed it from another computer onto my. Looks like that everything i download is corrupt. Any help?

Logic Overflow

Logic Overflow

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, trying to get the correct order of things....

Which way did it go.

Installed Vista x64 -> MB broke -> replaced MB -> problems occurring

or

MB broke -> replaced MB -> Installed Vista x64 -> problems occurring

Another question, what MB and Processor are you using? Are they x64 compatible?

Bluearrow

Bluearrow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
MB broke -> replaced MB -> Installed Vista x64 -> problems occurring

MB is Asus P5QD Turbo, the old one was Asus P5Q. My processor is Intel® Core™ Duo CPU E8500 @3.16GHz.

Bluearrow

Bluearrow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok, i installed ethernet drivers from another computer and wired internet works perfectly, dosents corrupt anything. Thanks.