Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista will boot into safe mode only

• Please log in to reply

KGun1284

KGun1284

• Pip
  • 1 posts
last week the screen on my monitor started displying very weird characters - diamonds, smiley faces, rectangles- in place of where letters should be. this is before the windows welcome screen. lots of vertical red and blue/turquoise lines. I was able to get into safe mode and get my files onto a flash drive but that was it. normal mode simply will not boot. i tried a fresh re-install of everything and was able to get about halfway through but keep getting an error message saying installation can't finish in safe mode. i can't boot into normal mode so I'm lost.

Bottom line: would getting a new video card solve the problem? i doubt its the hard drive.

Advertisements