I have it packed with 98SE on there now. I want it to go a little faster by putting knoppix on it. I have read a few things about it but none of them really helped.
any replies would be great.
Jump to content
Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!
Edited by Efwis, 21 May 2005 - 08:29 AM.
(1. shrink your MS Windows, if necessary)
2. start Live Knoppix
3. click on monitor icon in pannel
4. type su + Enter
5. type cfdisk
6. don't touch Windows partition
7. make new partition for Linux, minimum 3GB, press spase bar so this partition will be bootable
8. make new partition, 400MB, then go to Type and press Enter 2x, you will get swap partition (82, I think)
9. go to Write, type yes, wait until it finish
Now repet steps 2, 3, 4. Type knx2hd + Enter. Now you are in installation menu. Choose start instalation. Install boot loader in MBR.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Community Forum Software by IP.Board
Licensed to: Geeks to Go, Inc.