Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access internet post http://slirsredirect.search.aol.com pro

• Please log in to reply

BigBaldBiker

BigBaldBiker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

Earlier this week I tried to download the trial version of the AVG anti virus program on my home pc. Whilst doing so it advised that Norton was running (subscription expired) and that I should remove this. It gave an option to do this as part of the installation and I did this

The system then restarted and the installation did not complete. Thereafter I could not get onto any pages in my internet and instead received the redirect message to any website I tried to access

After reading some forums I ran malware and removed some infected files and removed the aol toobar program and I am now stuck where I no lomger receive the redirect message but instead the webage unavailble screen that I sometimes get when I have lost my internet connection. Incidentally I can still access my email fine

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Edited by Rorschach112, 25 February 2010 - 05:15 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

BigBaldBiker

BigBaldBiker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Many Thanks - Apologies for using the wrong forum