Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird behavior while using dvd's or cd's to burn on Win7.

• Please log in to reply

Noki

Noki

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I'm having some issues while burning or attempting to burn files to media, not only in 1 pc but 2 different machines, both running Win7 (Pro and Home Pre).

On my Pro I have to restart the machine after burning 1 disc, the drive simply disappear, but I could watch movies and listen to cd's.

On the Home is worst, extremely slow to recognize the type of disc and almost hangs (only with blank media), also the burn fails and then the drive hides unless I use a movie or music cd but I still can't see it on windows explorer.

Now all this is recent, I was able to burn at least 2 or 3 dvd's including my copy of win7 (original purchase from student promo) but rt now is just impossible.

Could it be an update?

Advertisements