Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp sp3 dropping components

• Please log in to reply

lokahir

lokahir

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i had originally posted this in a topic under os forum and was redirected to this forum.

hi,
here are the reports from the mal/virus forums;

mbam_log_2010_03_16__15_48_32_.txt ( 967bytes ) Number of downloads: 1

ark.txt ( 740bytes ) Number of downloads: 1

OTL.Txt ( 66.12K ) Number of downloads: 0

Extras.Txt ( 31.19K ) Number of downloads: 0

my virus scan ( computer Associates Anti-Virus ) produced no results.

here is the event log when i try to open system restore;

event.txt ( 1.79K ) Number of downloads: 1

my Internet games will not re-install. the "details" button for internet games under window components in the Add/Remove Programs applet is grayed out.

the disk defragmenter window will open and close normally but nothing will work once the program starts. no error window or messages. nothing.

all of these apps worked fine for years and stopped working at different times. first the sys restore about 6-8 mo, then the games 3 months and defrag within the last month.

pretty sure it is some sort of bill gates attempt to drive the world crazy. i know I'm getting there.

mr skeptic, thanks for attempting this problem. it is not so much a crisis as its just annoying. i use third party program to defrag, create restore points and play on line cards. i would just like to know why my os has developed blank spots. kind of like Alzheimer's for computers.

aloha and mahalo,

ken

north swell 10-15 ft
southwest swell 8-10 ft
trades offshore at 15 knots
sunny with windward and mauka showers
72 degrees

going surfin'

Advertisements