Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing Problems between Vista Laptops

• Please log in to reply

TO_Lawyer

TO_Lawyer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

I just purchased a new HP Laptop running a Vista 32bit system. I have an older Toshiba Laptop with a 64 bit Vista System. I was able to add the HP to my home network. consisting of an XP Desktop and Vista 64bit Toshiba and join them all to the same Workgroup, and while i was able to get the 64bit Toshiba to Send files to the 32bit HP, the HP cannot send files to the Toshiba. The error message i get is that access to the Toshiba is denied. While the HP recognizes the folders in the Toshiba that I have configured to share with the Toshiba, HP will not allow me to explore the Toshiba's folders or have access to its files. I'm at my wits end. I nave done everything I can think of to send files to the Toshiba from the HP. Can you suggest how I can solve this problem? Your help would be very much appreciated.

TO_Lawyer

Advertisements