OS—Windows Vista Home Premium & Service Pk. 1
PC—Dell Studio Hybrid
Processor—Intell ® Dual
Memory—(RAM) 3.00 GB
System Type—32-bit OS
I decided to reinstall VISTA on my DELL Studio Hybrid because System Restore had not corrected problems I was having.
Unfortunately, it did not install correctly—all other stuff that was on hard drive was wiped clean .
I tried to do a System Restore, and got this message,
“Recovery D: System status-not enough free space to restore the disk.
Details—the parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)”.
So, I’m now again trying to reinstall the OS VISTA Home Premium (correctly this time), and though I’m following the Installation instructions to the letter (or so I think), it’s not happening
These are the directions given on how to correctly reinstall
1. Save & close any open files and exit any open programs.
2. Insert the Operating System disc.
3. Click Exit if the Install Windows message appears.
4. Restart the computer.
5. When the DELL logo appears, press <F12> immediately.
NOTE: If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Microsoft Windows desktop; then, shut down your computer and try again.
NOTE: The next steps change the boot sequence for one time only. On the next start-up, the computer boots according to the devices specified in the system setup program.
6. When the boot device list appears, highlight CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive and press <Enter>.
7. Press any key to Boot from CD-ROM. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Problem is that it won’t allow me to proceed beyond step #5 .
Any suggestions on how I can overcome this problem?
By the way, I do have ALL the required software, including the Drivers & Utilities disc.
Thank you in advance for your help .