Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AppleSyncNotifier.exe-Bad Image error message

• Please log in to reply

smoke14

smoke14

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi all, new to the site.

This error message presents itself upon boot up.

"C:\windows\system32\icuuc36dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing their program agian using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"

after I click "ok" another message presents:

"AppleSyncNotifier has stopped working....."

The computer seems to boot up and operate normally despite these error messages. However, i'm no expert and suspect something is wrong. What can I do to rectify this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
That dll file is part of International Components for Unicode, commonly used for C+/C++ programming. Try reinstalling .NET framework.

AppleSyncNotifier could be failing because of the previous, but reinstalling Itunes should fix that.

smoke14

smoke14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

That dll file is part of International Components for Unicode, commonly used for C+/C++ programming. Try reinstalling .NET framework.

AppleSyncNotifier could be failing because of the previous, but reinstalling Itunes should fix that.

How exactly do I go about reinstalling the .NET framework for Vista home premium? Thank you.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

smoke14

smoke14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Was able to download and install the update as per your advice. But no luck. Still get the error messages. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help btw.

smoke14

smoke14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well, I decided to manually delete icuuc36.dll from the system32 folder and re-install it from a website. It worked. I rebooted and an error message popped up stating a missing icudt36.dll. I downloaded that file to my desktop and copied to system32 folder. That was corrected. Now, However, I have another new error!!! It reads:

"The procedure entry point_CFConstantStringClassReference could not be located in the dynamic link library core foundation.dll"

I have no idea how to find this file. Any ideas? And I have this feeling there are going to be many more errors!

Edited by smoke14, 13 April 2010 - 10:26 PM.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
you will probably need to register the dll file

regsvr32 dllname.dll

Make sure you run as admin

smoke14

smoke14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No good. Says "The module "dllname.dll" failed to laod. make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found."