Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore Factory Settings

• Please log in to reply

Siany

Siany

• Pip
  • 2 posts
CAn anyone help?

I have a toshiba satellite L300D-13R laptop and it keeps rebooting. On switiching on i get a black screen that says i should either start windows normally or use windows repair, i have tried starting with both of these options, the computer boots right up to the logo screen then nothing happens!

I have tried f8 for advanced boot options and used system repair but i get the same result. I have also tried pressing 0 as i switch on to try with the toshiba restore but no luck!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Siany

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

Siany

Siany

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ive tried that and i get a screen with start windows repair or start normally.

Im not seeing the HDD recovery mode screen at all!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Maybe your Toshiba doesn't have recovery partition.
How old is this laptop?

daeemann

daeemann

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
hmmm... I saw a computer once that was infested w/ viruses, and it would not boot to windows or to the recovery partition. Are you sure you have no viruses on your computer.