Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

daughter wrongly tried to set up a password!

• Please log in to reply

sillymoo

sillymoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i dont know if any of u guys will be able to help,, but here goes anyway!!
We bought our 11yr old daughter a packard bell laptop 4 christmas!! It has windows 7 on it, she recently decided she wanted to set up a password to start it up, BUT has done something wrong as when she types in the password she THOUGHT she had set, nothing happens and she cant get into her laptop at all now!!! We have tried going to reset password but that asks for a password disk which she hasnt got!! As you can imagine we r not best pleased with her!! as it was a very expensive present!!! Can anyone please help or will i need to pay someone an obscene amount of money to try and fix it???!!!! :)

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
sillymoo-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

From the Terms of Use:

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

We cannot help recover passwords on your computer, your software or your online accounts.

I suggest finding a way to retrieve your data through an outside source, such as a USB flash drive or data recovery tool; you can try finding answers to those questions by posting a thread in a separate forum.