Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'Virus Protector' Malware

• Please log in to reply

pcdoc2k

pcdoc2k

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the 'Virus Protector' malware infection on a Win XP sp3 laptop. I read the instructions for removal on geekstogo and as directed I have mbam-setup-1.45.exe downloaded on to a flashdrive using a different PC and ready to run on the laptop, nothing works on the laptop only the malware window, which cannot be closed. Problem, laptop boots into XP, no icons, toolbars or anyway to close the 'Virus Protector' window, all you see is the desktop wallpaper and the Virus Protector windows. End Task window is disabled by infection I get a window that says 'Task manager has been disable by administrator', no Start, restart, I can only power off the laptop and cold boot it. I have tried booting in safe mode and tried rebooting with Last known good configuration. Nothing works so I can disable the infection to get into windows to run the suggested removal tool.
Thank you for your help...

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Perhaps the Avira Rescue Disk might help:

http://www.free-av.c...cue_system.html

Ron