Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows needs to be checked for consistency... NTFS

• Please log in to reply

AriezMoon

AriezMoon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
It just started a few days ago. I don't remember having a hard shut down at all. I checked for viruses also. I tried what you had suggested in a different post to see if maybe it was dirty but mine does not come up as dirty. Could you please tell me what else I may do to fix this problem? Thanks ever so much in advance.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK other then it wanting to run chkdsk on every bootup how is the system running other wise?
Am I right in saying that it running chkdsk on every startup?

AriezMoon

AriezMoon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Today is the only day that it has not. Yes, all else seems to be running fine. Sorry it took so long with the response, I am at work.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then lets take a look and see what pops up at us.
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:
1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished
Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on one at a time of the following and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply

Motherboard Info:

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished
Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on the Motherboard directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply
On the left side click on the PCI directory and then on the rightcopy and paste the line that says Audio Device

AriezMoon

AriezMoon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, here is System Information For Windows

Property Value
Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model 0G914P
Version A02
Serial Number .G2TPRK1.CN1296101U0026.

North Bridge Intel GM45/GM47 Revision 07
South Bridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) Revision 07

CPU Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz
Cpu Socket Socket P (478)

System Slots 1 PCI

Memory Summary
Maximum Capacity 8192 MBytes
Memory Slots 2
Error Correction None

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

Bus/Dev./Func. Type Class Type Manufacturer Device Name Sub System Device Vendor Sub System Device Name
00 / 00 / 00 PCI PCI to HOST Bridge Intel Corporation Mobile Memory Controller Hub Dell Computer Corp
00 / 02 / 00 PCI VGA Controller Intel Corporation Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 02 / 01 PCI Other Display Controller Intel Corporation Mobile Integrated Graphics Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 26 / 00 PCI USB (UHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB Universal Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 26 / 01 PCI USB (UHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB Universal Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 26 / 02 PCI USB (UHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB Universal Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 26 / 07 PCI USB 2.0 (EHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 27 / 00 PCI-X Hi-Definition Audio Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 28 / 00 PCI-X PCI to PCI Bridge Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) PCIe Root Port 1 Dell Computer Corp
00 / 28 / 01 PCI-X PCI to PCI Bridge Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) PCIe Root Port 2 Dell Computer Corp
00 / 28 / 02 PCI-X PCI to PCI Bridge Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) PCIe Root Port 3 Dell Computer Corp
00 / 28 / 03 PCI-X PCI to PCI Bridge Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) PCIe Root Port 4 Dell Computer Corp
00 / 28 / 04 PCI-X PCI to PCI Bridge Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) PCIe Root Port 5 Dell Computer Corp
00 / 28 / 05 PCI-X PCI to PCI Bridge Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) PCIe Root Port 6 Dell Computer Corp
00 / 29 / 00 PCI USB (UHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB Universal Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 29 / 01 PCI USB (UHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB Universal Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 29 / 02 PCI USB (UHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB Universal Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 29 / 07 PCI USB 2.0 (EHCI) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 30 / 00 PCI PCI to PCI Bridge (Subtractive Decode) Intel Corporation 82801 Family (ICH2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9-M) Hub Interface to PCI Bridge Dell Computer Corp
00 / 31 / 00 PCI PCI to ISA Bridge Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 31 / 02 PCI Serial ATA (AHCI 1.0) Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) Mobile SATA AHCI Controller Dell Computer Corp
00 / 31 / 03 PCI SMBus Controller Intel Corporation 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller Dell Computer Corp
08 / 00 / 00 PCI-X Other Network Controller Broadcom Corp BCM4310 USB Controller Dell Computer Corp
20 / 00 / 00 PCI-X OHCI FireWire O2 Micro Inc
20 / 00 / 01 PCI-X SD Host Controller (Without DMA) O2 Micro Inc
20 / 00 / 02 PCI-X Other Mass Storage Controller O2 Micro Inc
32 / 00 / 00 PCI-X Ethernet Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Dell Computer Corp

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets take a look at the hard drive and see what you have.

Go to
1: Start
2: My Computer
3: Right Click on "C" drive
4: Click on Properties
5: In this field it will tell you total drive space and also free space

Please include results in your next reply. i am looking thru your Autoruns to see what is there now. I may not get back with you till morning as it is getting late here.

AriezMoon

AriezMoon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I hear you there. It is late here too! :)

Ok...

Type: Local Disk
File System: NTFS
Used Space: 46,038,278,144 bytes 42.8 GB
Free Space: 438,297,948,160 bytes 408 GB
Capacity: 484,336,226,304 bytes 451 GB

Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties is checked

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "IgfxTray"
+ "Adobe ARM"
+ "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"
+ "PDVDDXSrv"
+ "Google Update"
+ "swg" "GoogleToolbarNotifier"

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged