Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ubuntu 10.04

• Please log in to reply

alairauston

alairauston

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ubuntu easy to understand - our manual has step by step instructions and is jargon-free.A picture is worth a thousand words - lots of screen shots to show you how to do tasks.I want to install Ubuntu 10.04 from my hard disk and I cant boot from USB Drive because my BIOS doesn't support USB Boot.

Advertisements

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

I want to install Ubuntu 10.04 from my hard disk and I cant boot from USB Drive because my BIOS doesn't support USB Boot.

Do you have a CD burner? Just download and burn the iso to a CDROM, and away you go, it will burn as a bootable CD and just set you boot options as your CDROM as your first boot device.

tholley

tholley

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Oh... to add to previous posts...

I triple boot into XP, Win7, and Ubuntu. I use Grub2 as the mbr, then it offers me a choice of Ubuntu or Win7 bootloader, if I choose Win7, then I have a choice to choose XP or 7.

I didn't think EasyBCD would recognize Linux... I'll have to check that out tonight when I get home! :)