Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

• Please log in to reply

grounder

grounder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

Every time I try to log into Windows I get a blue screen of death with the same messages every time:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x000000F8, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x85AB01E6)

My computer is a Sony Vaio PCV-V1/G Pentium 4 2.8GHz 480Mb RAM running XP for home users, service pack 3.

When the problem first happened I logged-in via Safe Mode and a message came up saying that windows had disabled the driver for the SMSC LPC Memory Stick Host Controller (SMSCMS version 5.2.2.13 04/11/2003)because it would cause instability in the system. So I upgraded the driver with the most recent version found on the Sony website for Europe (SMSCMS version 5.2.2.17 29/01/2004).

Whilst that got rid of the "disabled drive" message it didn't solve the problem. I then ran AVG and found 2 trojans, I also ran "Clean My Registry" but still the same problem occured.

I have now followed the Malware and Spyware Cleaning guide and have attached to this post the various scan results as suggested plus a recent bootlog in case it's useful.

I would be very grateful if one of your experts could help me with this persistent problem.

Thanks in advance.

Grounder

Attached Files

Advertisements