Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer favorites

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I have Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit). Is there a way to lock down the favorites in Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) so I can't edit them directly in the Windows Explorer window? The reason I ask is that there are times I intend to click on one, but I accidentally delete it or drag it somewhere else.

thanks.

Advertisements

Bing7

Bing7

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • MVP

I have Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit). Is there a way to lock down the favorites in Windows Explorer (NOT Internet Explorer) so I can't edit them directly in the Windows Explorer window? The reason I ask is that there are times I intend to click on one, but I accidentally delete it or drag it somewhere else.

thanks.

don't know of a way to lock it ,but all you have to do if you delete one is right click on favorites and click on restore favorite links

diggeryo

diggeryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

don't know of a way to lock it ,but all you have to do if you delete one is right click on favorites and click on restore favorite links

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to work for me; at least not in the way I would think it should work.

I tested it by purposely deleting a link and then following your suggestion. But it did not bring back the link I had just deleted but rather a "recent items" link. Thanks for trying though!