Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Home Premium Zoostorm desktop restore help.

• Please log in to reply

Nyxzy

Nyxzy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all, will be selling my mums computer on ebay soon as she no longer has need for it, but the computer itself never came with a windows disc (only a motherboard drivers disc type that wasn't very helpful.) Will list the specs of it at the end but the long and short of it is, i want to be able to sell it on ebay knowing any of her information will not be stored on it. (She has done internet banking etc.) So i want to make sure that's all gone. Tried using windows restore jobby but that only offers me back to december last year. This is all the information i could grab off it.

Zoostorm
45 CMX Series
Intel core2duo E4500 2.20ghz
2gb ram
vista home premium 32 bit

Any other details needed ask and i'll search around for them, thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Nyxzy-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I would use an HDD-wiping program to completely clean all the data off your drive. I recommend using Derik's Boot and Nuke- you can find the link in my signature. You're going to create a bootable disk and wipe the drive from there- let me know if you need help with it. :)

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you. :)

Nyxzy

Nyxzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, thanks for the welcome and reply! That program looks like it'll do the trick to me. Will pick up some cd-rs and give it a try asap :) Thanks again!

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Glad to help. :)

I'll continue to monitor your topic. Feel free to post back here if you need anything.