Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 won't see PC

• Please log in to reply

marc_wtih_a_c

marc_wtih_a_c

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently reverted from DD-WRT to stock firmware on my Buffalo WZR-HP-300NH router due to stability issues. I noticed that my xbox 360 can't see the PC any longer. It was working fine before the setup. My setup is a bit weird but it was working before the firmware change. I have the PC in one room connected to a Linksys WRT54G running dd-wrt in client bridge mode. The Xbox 360, WII and cable modem are plugged into the Buffalo router in the living room. I have a static address on the PC and DHCP on the xbox and wii. I can ping the WZR and Wii from the PC (xbox has no icmp so cant test that) plus I can hit the net with no problem from the PC . Xbox can go out to xbox live so it's connection is working. Nothing has changed on the PC so I doubt its a firewall port issue. I am able to see my PC from my laptop's Windows media player so I know the sharing is working right, I did this using the network connection that the xbox was using just to make sure there wasn't a routing issue between the wired and wireless. I even added port forwarding for appropriate ports for Window media player and Tversity and still no luck. I installed play on and it won't see that either. I have UPNP on the router which seems to work for other apps like uTorrent but there are really no logs for it on the buffalo so who knows whats happening there. Any ideas? I was going nuts last night. Restarted everything several times, shut off firewalls, renewed DHCP, etc, with no luck.

Advertisements