Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network and Monitor issues after power surge.

• Please log in to reply

SallyAnn75

SallyAnn75

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A few days ago, there was a power surge in my home while I was online. I had tried to reboot my computer, and although I can hear that it was working... my monitor kept showing that there was 'no input signal'. So, I unplugged it for 30 minutes.... and it worked. (for just this time)

So then, I had tried to go online, and I had noticed that it wouldn't allow me to connect to the internet. It was showing me that there was no network installed on my computer.... when, it was on there before the surge.

It said to install the CD that name with my ISP, but mine neevr came with one. I have a cable modem.

I have tried unplugging everything. Nothing is working.

Now my monitor refuses to work with that computer (I am using my old computer right now... with the same monitor, and it works fine)

What is wrong with it? And what can I do to fix this?

Advertisements