Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CODE 43 USB ports do not work!

• Please log in to reply

alexander255110

alexander255110

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Whenever I plug in my usb into ports with Windows 7, some don't work and give me a error code 43
The only ports that work is one for my external HD and one for my printer.
Im forced to use a PS2 Mouse.

but if i use a linux boot CD, then everything works perfectly.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Code 43: One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 - you should get a pop-up standing "Microsoft Fix It". Follow that. It should fix it.

alexander255110

alexander255110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
First of all, thanks for replying my post.
However when I use Microsoft Fix It, it says that there isn't drivers some of my hardware. and when it tries to find drivers, it couldn't find any.

also, it also told me something like this

Address a problem with Away Mode System
This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between your computer's Away Mode System and your 64-bit version of Windows. The Away Mode System is only compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows.

This problem is not critical, but you can prevent it from occurring again by disabling the Away Mode System in your computer's BIOS. Refer to the instructions that came with your computer that explain how to access the BIOS and turn off Away Mode System support.

I don't understand what to do.

Thanks