Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Process for Starting Over with new installation

• Please log in to reply

papasmithnc

papasmithnc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I replaced my Windows Utilmate pre-release version with Windows Home Premium. Now I have some problems including the program not recognizing one of my two hard drives and want to start over with a new installation. Can someone direct me as to how to proceed?

Thanks

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
http://www.buildeasy...ndows_vista.htm

Assuming that you are using one of the disks for storage, I would unplug the storage disc during the install. After the installation is complete, plug it back up and then partition/format it.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

... want to start over with a new installation.

Installing and reinstalling Windows 7
http://windows.micro...lling-Windows-7

steven35mm

steven35mm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
can someone tell me how to reset to default program when i bought this computer,,im selling it and want to get rid of all my stuff i ever had on this pc,,set to default,,please tell me how to do this,,,thnx

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
steve35mm you need to start your own topic in the Win98 forum and include some system info like make and model for one of us to assist you.
Depending on the system there are different key combinations to use to do a factory restore for your system.
Trying to egt help on a topic started by someone else only complicates advice and may cause your system to be rendered useless by following advice not specifically made for your system.